Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom...

The first Monday of my week in LA, was a busy one...I guess I finally got my wish and it turned out the way I had envisioned in my previous blog...I got my wish to drive down 110 south at 80mph in the middle of the night and made good use of that v8 Cayenne S engine...in fact I did more drivng than I had wished for in one day, which left me exhausted...
Early in the morning Mom and I drove to Pasadena, to drop off Ana-jo at the groomer's for a haircut and bath...then I quickly drove mom back to Downtown LA before I headed back to Pasadena to pick up Jimmy, who is visiting his brother before he goes back to Taiwan...and today, I had promised to pick him up and show him around...but much to my annoyance I got lost as I tried to find his place on Roosevelt ave in Pasadena, but I found my way, enventually...We then headed to Ding Tai Fung for lunch and then I proceeded to pick up Ana-jo from the groomer's and bring the beautifully groomed Ana-jo back to mom in downtown...since we were in downtown, we dropped by the new Morphosis building, as Jimmy was dying to take some pictures of the much talked about project by the famous architect...finally I drove him back to arcadia to his brother who was waiting for him in a nearby cafe, before I zoomed off to Irvine to meet my friends for dinner...
On my way to Irvine to meet up with Jeff at South Coast Plaza, I was stuck in trffic, and exhausted, I almost dozed off, until I almost drove into another car, which gave me a shock and woke me up for good...to stay awake I decided to blast the music in the car...after an hour I arrive at South Coast to meet Jeff...and we met up outside Gucci...
While we were walking around, I suddenly felt that New York had changed me, somehow, shopping in South Coast just doesn't excite me anymore...and standing amidst a multitude of brandname stores didn't give me the urge to shop at all, in fact I found myself not knowing which shops to browse...it was a strange feeling and I began wondering whether there was something wrong with me...had I truely gotten sick of shopping altogether?...it is actually possible for Lilly Dee to get tired of shopping and buying?...and I didn't even feel like digging into my closet for my LV Murakami bling bling bag, when I went out...something is going on and I am slowly changing...somehow the bling bling doesn't appeal to me anymore...and I began wondering whether I was going into another phase, away from my bling bling phase...
Later on Philip left work to join us at Saks Fifth Avenue and by the time we were browsing the Sony store, Joyce and Juno met up with us...
That night, the five of us headed to Quattro cafe, or what used to be the Armani cafe for some italian cuisine...and for appetizer, we shared a huge place of fried calamari, just for old times sake...dinner conversation revolved mainly around their work experiences as they all have jobs, whereas I was the odd one out again...still living a student life...hehe...
After dinner, I followed Philip'ss car over to Joyce and and Juno's new apartment in Irvine...I followed too closed that I almost hit his car...good thing my car comes with really sharp breaks...When we arrived at their apartment, we were greeted by Joyce and Juno's new puppy...and the apartment was nice and cozy...
Philip and I left when we both realized that it was getting really late..and rushed back to our cars to go home...
And that night at 12:00 pm in the middle of the night, I drove down the desolate 405 and 110 South, at 80mph, with music blasting in my ears...and I must say, I had a great time...I guess the simple pleasure of driving is better than shopping haha...but then again maybe it was the porsche that made it all that enjoyable...yes so I haven't changed all that much, still very into that bling bling car of mine...it's good to be drinving in LA...Zoom, zoom, zoom, just like that mazda commercial...

2 Comments:

Blogger mr. fry said...

who is this philip, eh? i can't believe you almost hit this.. this Philip's car cause you were playing with your cd player while driving.. tisk tisk!
btw i'm sure this Philip had fun last monday

1:57 PM  
Blogger cash advance dallas said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
I want you to stop and compare with my cash advance loan online blog.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home